Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Swarms of swims

Chocolate ponderings


Smooth whisps of yellow green
Cheesy flakes of nefarious neverland
Nonsense
Not nonsense, beauty.
Untailored, rare, crystalline
Simmering smirks and belly laughs
hatred, heated, baked.
Intense and bright, dim as some,
Cancer of light
Cornea rays and billowing blooms
Drivel dripping with sorrow or
Something worth saving
A pocketful of rubbish
Or a handful of charming whimsy
Self-conscious I stare
I ruin with gaze unbending


I would like to be done,
Done and done with the
terrible burden of living
To move unfettered, unshackled, uncaged,
free from the weight of darkness,
Free from the curse
I'm told is not my fault.
Brain, work. Body, live.
Where can I catch a breath of hope?
To breathe with joy, to look with expectant pleasure
That is what I wish for
Not this prison of woe
Of bitter sight and sound
The taste of life mingled, tainted, marred, obliterated
No life, no hope, no thought except survival
Help! I plead, I cry.
But no help comes.
No Savior to rescue, to whisk from flames that engulf.
None.
I alone must face the next day.
I alone, alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment